There are ways to fix your inventory counts when it is off. A few simple tricks may help solve the problems:
- Recount your high moving inventory items.
- Check counts at warehouse against the system counts.
- Perform an audit check on the internal system to make sure all orders are being accounted for with corresponding correct items ordered.
- When ordering items, double check packing slip against acknowledgment to make sure all goods were ordered or received.
- Open boxes to make sure goods referenced on box are actually in box at correct quantities (inventory item check).